abbikeboard.com

abbikeboard.com

Touring on Motorcycles

It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Missing parts
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 am 

Does anyone know where I can a swing arm chrome cap cover and a bottom left beige wind deflector fairing for my 1989 Voyager ZG1200? I was riding my bike last weekend and found that I had a lot of clearence when putting my foot on the left foot peg. I thought that my foot peg had moved but when I matched it to the right one they both looked even. Then I realized that my fairing had broken off.
For the swing arm chrome cap, I bought the bike and it was missing and it's bugging the heck out of me. Sooo, if anybody can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Pierre

Post subject: Re: Missing parts
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Carl Leo is where most of us go when we need spare parts. I have an extra swingarm cap you are welcome to have. As for the lower fairing wing. Most everyone takes those off because they get in the way of putting their feet out on the highway pegs. Carl may have some but it might be a little difficult to find the exact color you desire. PM your address to me and I will ship the cap your way.....

"DIRTFT" Do It Right The First Time
2002 Voyager XII
:CBCGW:

b.gif i.gif l.gif l.gif gif_23.gif n.gif a.gif g.gif y.gif t.gif o.gif o.gif l.gif s.gif gif_21.gif c.gif o.gif m.gif
Cell Phone: Dg3.jpg Dg3.jpg Dg0.jpg - Dg5.jpg Pg1.jpg Dg5.jpg - Dg0.jpg Dg9.jpg Dg3.jpg Dg4.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:29 pm 

If you still dont have a swing arm cap, I have one still in the Kawasaki bag. You are welcome to it as I sold my Voyager last week due to an upcoming 4th spinal surgery. Perhaps they will use bionics this time and I can go back into a Voyager class bike..lol

As far as the fairing wing, I checked with Carl recently and all of the ones he had for the right hand side (and he has a rainbow of colors available) had the bottom mounting hole broken so it would only mount in 2 large screws and the 1 small screw - rather than 3 large screws including the one at the bottom near the engine guard/light bar and the one small screw by the lower right hand side air vent. However, Carl had a number of left hand side pieces that were in fantastic condition and he has a variety of colors and conditions available that would keep you from having to paint since it takes the flex additive et al to paint these items.

And yes, that fairing piece does get in the way of using highway pegs, but I used Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually highway pegs ($150 plus tax) and the offset allows me to use them even with the lower cowling wings installed without messing up the cowling.

Tony
wadetn01 at yahoo dot com

Current bike:
1988 Voyager XII

Past Bikes:
1989 Moto Guzzi California III
1985 Kawasaki 454 LTD
1976 Kawasaki KH100

Last edited by wadetn01@yahoo.com on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think Pierre is a regular here. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen his name pop up recently in the visitors list. Perhaps someone can use it though. Very kind of you to offer. That's part what makes this forum so great. Good people doing what they can to help others with the same interest.....

"DIRTFT" Do It Right The First Time
2002 Voyager XII
:CBCGW:

b.gif i.gif l.gif l.gif gif_23.gif n.gif a.gif g.gif y.gif t.gif o.gif o.gif l.gif s.gif gif_21.gif c.gif o.gif m.gif
Cell Phone: Dg3.jpg Dg3.jpg Dg0.jpg - Dg5.jpg Pg1.jpg Dg5.jpg - Dg0.jpg Dg9.jpg Dg3.jpg Dg4.jpg